San Francisco, CA, USA
Reports to: VP, Clinical Development
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in FDA-cleared Prescription Digital Therapeutics. The company integrates clinically-validated software applications with previously approved pharmaceuticals and treatment paradigms to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, is an FDA-cleared 12-week interval prescription therapy for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) to be used as an adjunct to standard, outpatient treatment. Pear’s product development pipeline includes reSET-O™ for opioid use disorder (OUD) and additional prescription digital therapeutics in schizophrenia (Thrive™), combat post-traumatic stress disorder (reCALL™), general anxiety disorder (reVIVE™), pain, major depressive disorder, and insomnia. See our Product Pipeline for details.
As a Clinical Lead, you will direct efforts in working with and supporting Pear's product team as we develop our growing suite of prescription digital therapeutics. Your initial focus will be on developing and capturing critical feedback on existing products, leading two programs developed for this purpose:
- The Subject Matter Expert program: You will identify, recruit, build relationships with, and solicit feedback from clinical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Research Studies/Pilot Program: You will support pilot study sites, working closely with product and clinical teams while engaging with clinicians, patients and administrators to facilitate pre-market feedback from target patient populations, including assisting writing of protocols, IRB submissions, training of clinicians/patients, and collecting data.
To be successful, you will be experienced in clinical practice, fluent in communicating with patients and clinicians, act as an advocate for their needs, and be a motivated leader and self-starter, capable of cross-functional collaboration with both internal Pear teams and external stakeholders.
- Day to day, you will provide and socialize clinical insight throughout the company
- You will help assimilate, synthesize, and categorize clinical content from a range of sources
- Coordinate SME recruitment, maintenance and feedback activities
- Develop and manage Research/Pilot program activities in collaboration with clinical and product teams
- You will represent the clinical team, supporting and collaborating on User Research and Feedback Studies
- Support clinical documentation activities
- Collaborate, develop and refine clinical content
- In close collaboration with our multidisciplinary teams, support, design and execute learning pilots, studies, and customer implementation(s)
- Develop “product champions”/”super users” and “centers of excellence” at clinic/provider level
- Work closely with product, data, and clinical teams on development of SME, clinician, patient, payor and research data collection instruments and maintenance of data
- Develop patient and clinician training and onboarding materials and programs to support successful implementation
- Consult with your team members and the clinical community to match user needs to the capabilities of our software solutions
- Represent the company in a highly professional and ethical manner, fostering our corporate reputation and image
Pear seeks an outstanding individual who can talk with therapists, clinicians, providers and patients and is facile with technology. Additional qualifications include:
- A background in clinical care with work experience in a clinic or hospital setting
- Demonstrated empathy and advocacy for the patient population
- Direct experience with neurologic, behavioral, mental health, or substance use disorder patient care/treatment, preferred
- PsyD, PhD, ARNP, PA, in relevant discipline, or equivalent scientific, nursing or healthcare degree
- Comfort and fluency discussing both the psychological and medical aspects of psychiatric and neurologic diseases with other clinicians, and discussing these aspects with an informed lay audience
- 5+ years of direct clinical experience
- Experience working with digital products, tools, and software (2+ years preferred)
- Comfort discussing software and user interface questions
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral and written presentations. Experience interacting with healthcare professionals, patients, and customer decision-makers
- Self-starter, comfortable in small company, strong project manager, ability to work both independently and as part of the greater team/organization
- Real passion for decision-making and solving hard problems
- Occasional travel will be necessary
For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.