Full-time local or remote 3D art generalist.
We’re looking for a 3D artist to be a full-time core member of our small team. Join us on an exciting new journey of visual storytelling unlike anything we’ve done before. You’ll be working with our art director/concept artist and development team to create environment, character, prop and other 3D art assets for use within the Unity game engine. You should be capable of managing the whole process from art creation to production ready assets in engine, including modeling, texturing, lighting, etc. We strive to create new types of gaming experiences that surprise and delight our players, and we hope to find someone that shares this same vision. Our studio is located in downtown Oklahoma City, but we are open to remote work as well.
- Create environment, character, prop and other 3D game models/textures for an open world game.
- Translate fully realized concepts, simple sketches/descriptions or your own imagination into finished art.
- Deliver game-ready assets that can perform well on both low and high-end platforms (mobile, PC, consoles).
- Work within Unity to bring art assets to a production-ready state.
- Collaborate and communicate with art director, designers and developers.
- Iterate quickly from prototypes up to production.
- Have fun building new types of story experiences from start to finish!
- All experience levels are welcome, but a strong portfolio of 3D art and design is required.
- Ability to model and texture within a stylized approach with your own creative flair (similar to these references: https://cloudup.com/crjHhCl7AVW).
- Strong understanding of tools/concepts with the ability to resolve related issues during production.
- An eye for details and a strong aesthetic ability.
- Solid understanding of visual design principles including color, composition, form, silhouette, light, etc.
- Knowledge/experience of processes, pipelines and best practices with game art production.
- At a minimum, understand how to create assets that are ready to be rigged/animated when needed.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize workload and learn new tools/processes.
- Ability to shift gears quickly based on the changing needs of a project.
- A passion for games and visual storytelling.
- Work on previous games that have shipped.
- Experience or familiarity with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Experience/enjoy creating natural environments.
- Experience in other areas of art: animation, rigging, lighting, shaders, level design, etc.
- Strong foundation in traditional arts including painting, sculpting, illustration, etc.